Open position in Natural Language Processing (open until filled).
Research Assistant in Natural Language Processing (12 months)
The Natural Language Processing Research group (TALN) at the Department of Communication and Information Technologies, Universitat Pompeu Fabra has a 12-months open position in the area of automatic text simplification in Spanish in the context of the research project Simplext.
We are looking for candidates with some experience in natural language processing (NLP). Candidates with interest and/or experience in automatic text summarization, text simplification, text-to-text generation, and development of NLP applications are particularly welcome. We are looking for a candidate willing to stay in our group after the 12-months period to pursue a PhD in Natural Language Processing.
* A degree in Computer Science or related field.
* Experience in NLP, Machine Learning, or Artificial Intelligence
* Experience in Programming and willing to learn Java
* A 12-month research contract
* Dynamic and collaborative working environment
* A maximum gross salary of 19.400 € depending on experience
* The position is available immediately.
Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF) is recognised internationally for the quality of its research, it is also one of the top 5 Spanish universities in terms of scientific production and academia efficiency. The NLP group is situated in Campus de la Comunicación in the innovation district of Barcelona 22@
If you are interested in working with us, please send the following documentation:
* Cover letter including your contact details
* A CV and list of publications
* The names and contact details of 2 people who can act as your references
Send the documentation by e-mail to Dr. Horacio Saggion: horacio dot saggion at upf dot edu, the subject of your e-mail should be "Simplext-TALN-RA". If you have any informal query please contact Dr. Horacio Saggion: horacio dot saggion at upf dot edu.